It’s the first week of January … which means gyms are packed with people starting their resolution to get fit. Don’t worry … they won’t be packed for long. Most people (80%, actually) give up on their resolutions by the second week of February.
But if you’re hitting the gym for the first time in a long time, there are a few antics or rather Gym Nastyics to avoid doing:
- Make loud grunting noises – This is the reason everyone has headphones, the poor folks who forgot theirs don’t need the reminder.
- Give unsolicited advice – They have trainers for that, and besides we both know you’ll enjoy watching someone figure out the equipment.
(Unless it’s you doing the figuring out. Hint: Those are handles on the cable crossover machine, not stirrups.)
- Shower without flip flops – You’re going for getting closer to having an athletes physique, not having an athlete’s foot.
- Leave weights and equipment lying around – This isn’t the place to get even with your roommate.
- Show up late to group classes – Save that for those early morning meetings the next day.
- Leave sweat all over equipment – I really don’t need to add to this one do I?
- Play your music super loud – Unless the person next to you is breaking the 1st rule.
- Hit on anyone – The odds are never in your favor.